IEI has strong environmental remediation capabilities for hazardous materials, asbestos and lead-based paint hazards. Our multidisciplinary team includes a staff of cleared Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIH), Certified Hazardous Materials Managers (CHMM), lead-based paint inspectors/risk assessors, asbestos inspectors, and Certified Safety Professionals (CSP). Coupled with our experience in construction, renovation, and demolition; onsite testing capabilities; and facilities management experience, IEI offers a strong team for identifying and managing environmental hazards.
Our past performance experience is also diverse, allowing us to identify and respond to a wide range of environmental concerns. We have successfully performed projects for the Department of State (DoS), US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), General Services Administration (GSA), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Department of Labor (DOL), and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).
Our broad nationwide presence allows us to maintain a strong working knowledge of applicable environmental regulations at the federal, state, and local levels. We are also experienced in the performance of OCONUS environmental consulting work, and are able to proactively identify and comply with foreign standards for safety, protocols, methodology, and remediation standards.
- Sustainability and LEED building practices
- Water compliance sampling
- Remediation design, planning, cost estimating, and oversight
- Onsite testing via X-ray fluorescence (XRF) technology to identify Lead and Phase Contrast Microscopy (PCM) to identify airborne asbestos
- Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments
- Abatement planning documents, obtains and/or creates cost estimates, and establishes clear parameters for achieving clearance in compliance with all applicable regulations
Inspection, Assessment, and Testing for:
- Lead (paint, soil, and water contamination)
- Asbestos (air and bulk)
- Military Munitions Response Program
- Hazardous materials including PCBs, toxic substances, methamphetamine, etc.
Department of State
We have performed work for the Department of State including asbestos remediation planning, execution, oversight, and monitoring, with onsite PCM analysis to guide efforts in real-time, saving both time and costs. As part of our work, we have developed planning to protect and/or upgrade building systems, provided waste disposal services, and provided reconstruction of building features. Further, work was conducted by personnel to work in secure areas of Consulate facilities. To date, we have conducted asbestos abatement work for DoS in 45 countries, demonstrating our ability to comply with both US and foreign regulations and guidelines.
Lead Evaluation Contractor, US Department of Housing and Urban Development
Domestically, our work for HUD has involved the development of thousands of lead-based paint remediation plans including specifications for work, cost estimates, and clearance standards in more than 30 states. In over 5 years of providing cost estimates for lead-based paint abatement work in HUD-owned assets, we have not been required to provide a single price modification.